For those of you who ride, or know riders who might be interested, the 23rd Trail of Tears Commemorative Motorcycle Ride is scheduled for Saturday, September 17th. A link below to the official site is available but here are some details to whet your appetite:
This year’s route runs from Bridgeport, AL to Waterloo, AL, with a lunch stopover in Huntsville, AL
– departure from Bridgeport will be around 7am
– as always, there’s no registration or fee necessary
– there’s usually a full slate of afternoon events/entertainment the day before the ride, so feel free to call 678-RIDE-TOT to get details
– ride organizers do not provide any insurance against accident. Ride at your own risk.
– for motel discounts, please reference the Commemorative Motorcycle a Ride when booking your room.
The ride is a great opportunity to see a portion of the infamous Trail of Tears path. You’ll experience history and the brotherhood of riding with other enthusiasts along part of the original Trail of Tears to honor the Cherokee, Choctaw, Chickasaw, Creek, and Seminole nations.